1. Throwing up: It happened 3 times yesterday morning, but each time I didn’t let myself just get into the cycle. I kept trying to eat stuff and it payed off. Later that afternoon and evening I stopped throwing up.
2. Cravings: I had a huge craving for corn bread yesterday. So Stephen bought some Marie Callendar’s mix at the store yesterday and that has been staying down better than crackers even.
3. Medicines: The combination of Zofran and Phenergan together is working much better than just one or the other apart. It wasn’t just that I kept trying to eat stuff yesterday, I took a Zofran in the afternoon in addition to my Phenergan. This is what my doctor wanted me to do, but I thought that since the Zofran hadn’t been working it just wasn’t worth it. I was wrong.
4. Some ‘kooky’ advice worked: On one of the pregnancy message boards I found, there was a lady who said that it helped if she set her alarm for 3 a.m., took her medicine, ate a little snack and drank something sweet. When I read this I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I’d ever heard. Well I tried it last night and it helped a lot. I think yesterday part of my problem was that my blood sugar had dropped really low overnight so I started the day out feeling crappy. This morning I’m a little nauseated, but a little nibble of cornbread helped and I think I’m going to be OK.
5. Sour taste: I still have the sour taste in my mouth even without the Gatorade. It’s just always there, like I’m sucking on an indefinitely long-lasting piece of sour candy. I brush, use mouthwash, suck on mints, etc. and it just doesn’t go away. Ugh!
6. Smells and some sounds are overwhelming: I’ve never noticed people’s breath before, but I can be four feet away and still smell it. This is making sharing a bed very difficult. However, Ruth and Cara’s citrus smelling tip is working. The fresh smell makes me feel a little better. Sounds are enough to make me sick now too. Stephen belched yesterday from across the room and the sound nearly made me throw up. His excuse for not being embarassed by said belch is that seeing me throw up numerous times in the past two weeks has brought us to a new level of closeness in our relationship. Another sound is from the dogs. They have a tendency to lick their chops and one another right after a meal and this licking sound makes my stomach churn every time.
7. No weekend hospital trip so far: Yay!