It’s that time of year, time for all things pumpkin. Thanks to Pinterest I’ve been trying new things, but I really should whip out some of my tried and true favorites because there have been some seriously awful flops.
Today I was craving pumpkin muffins since I can’t enjoy the Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin anymore (sniff, sniff, tear). After a little searching on Pinterest with lots of dead-end and spam links (don’t even get me started on the problems with that site), I decided to try to adapt this recipe from The Yummy Life and it worked out pretty well. I decided to forego the granola streusel topping though and I cut back on some of her amounts for sugar and spice.
• 1 3/4 cup Pamela’s gluten-free baking mix
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 2 eggs from pastured chickens
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
• 1 can (minus 3 Tbsp that I used in another recipe yesterday) pumpkin purée
• 2 Tbsp butter, melted
• 1/2 cup chopped (with a hand chopper) gluten-free granola (I used TJs loaded fruit and nut kind and it had a lot of big chunks which is why I chopped it first)
Preheat oven to 400. Toss all the ingredients in your stand mixer, mix until combined. Spoon into paper lined muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or less. (I recommend less. I followed the 20 min and wound up with some extra crispy tops.)